So we are officially into the holiday season + there is money to be spent but more importantly there is money to be made.
A reported 700,000 jobs will be up for grabs this season. Will you be 1 of the 700,000? Should you be?
I shocked, more like double shocked, my husband when I came home from a shopping outing last weekend with news that I would be interviewing for a position the coming Monday. Within days I was offered a position that I gladly accepted with a brand that I love to shop.
Not all work has to be a nightmarish affair. Go for a company/brand that you love or a cause that has special meaning to you.
Five Reasons You Should Take On a Part-time Gig
1. 700,000 available positions is a huge incentive. Check your application twice, make sure references are up to date + wear a genuine smile when you shake your next potential employer’s hand.
2. Avoid debt. Getting in over your head on holiday expenses can happen in the blink of an eye + there is nothing joyful about digging yourself out of that kind of hole.A part-time gig will keep some of that spending under control. Tip: Don’t spend more than you make.
3. Employee discount. Some companies have huge perks for their employees. Currently my employer offers 30% discount to employees + a range up to 25% off at other stores owned by the brand. Even if you can’t purchase all of your holiday gifts you’ll be able to get something for someone at a discounted rate with the extra dough your raking in.
4. Save some $$$. Maybe you don’t have so many or any gifts to buy for the holidays but you can certainly take advantage of some of that money waiting to be made + save up some cash. This could be for anything such as an emergency fund, upcoming vacation, down payment for a car or just to beef up your piggy bank a bit.
5. Pay off some debt. Some people over shop all year long + now would be a good time to get rid of that debt before going into the New Year.
What brand/company would you love to work with for a season?
image credit: thatkat dot com