You can add a personal touch and value to your home by simply dressing up boring mirrors. This inexpensive project can be done in a couple of hours just using a few simple tips and tools. This was a quick project that I completed on a Sunday morning shortly before having friends over with the help of my husband. It’s super easy and here’s a tip (paint your pieces in advance).
Adhesive (such as liquid nails)
Primed Composite Casing & Rosette Moulding Blocks
Paint & Paint Brush
1. Measure the mirror exactly.
2. Choose, cut & paint all molding pieces. (the hardware store will straight cut your pieces for you as long as you have the measurements) Prior to painting do a mock set up as best as you can on your mirror to make sure all pieces are the correct size
3. Using the adhesive spread the glue down the center of the composite pieces in a ‘S’ shape.
4. Starting with the moulding blocks carefully place pieces in order (for example: glue and place moulding block, then composite casing piece, continue order & make sure all pieces are exactly as you want them before your adhesive dries)
5. Once dried go over with your paint to fill in any little spaces between the moulding blocks and moulding board & scrape off any additional adhesive on the mirror.